Find Your Center Here
Located just southeast of Nashville, this vibrant Southern community features a Civil War national battlefield, Nissan plant tours, antebellum homes, a pioneer village, children’s nature center, Boro Beach water park, one of the largest outdoor shopping venues in the state, and over 400+ restaurants.
Rutherford County is located within a day’s of 75% of the US population, the exact center of the state. Featuring a unique blend of Civil War history and the amenities of a major metropolitan area, the county is home to industries like Nissan North America, Ingram, Whirlpool, General Mills, State Farm, Bridgestone-Firestone, Amazon.com, and Verizon Wireless.
A superior quality of life that combines the benefits of small-town living with the amenities of a major metropolitan area is offered in Rutherford County. People are drawn here for the moderate climate, diverse cultural and entertainment offerings, top-quality healthcare and housing at both entry- and executive-level pricing. While the cost of living is very low, the quality of life is one of the highest.
Rutherford County is center stage to an unforgettable Tennessee experience! Located just 30 miles southeast of Nashville on the I-24 corridor, this vibrant Southern community represents a unique blend of Civil War history and a thriving 21st-century community.
History of Murfreesboro
Central To Tennessee
Rutherford County is the exact geographic center of the state of Tennessee. That’s why we’re a great place to stay because we’re located…
- 30 miles southeast of Nashville on I-24
- 25 miles from I-40 via I-840
- 30 miles from I-65 via I-840
- Within a day’s drive of 75 percent of the population of the United States
We also have more than 4,200+ hotel rooms in 50+ hotels, which means that in addition to being a great destination, we’re also a convenient stop on the way to many other places you might want to go.
Notable People from Rutherford County
- Chris Young: Country music singer
- Colton Dixon: American Idol runner-up
- David Price: Major League Baseball pitcher
- Ronnie Barrett: American firearms manufacturer
- Grantland Rice: Early-20th century sportswriter
- James M. Buchanan: Nobel prize-winning economist
- Sonny Gray: Major League Baseball pitcher
- Rhea Seddon: Retired NASA astronaut
Population: 290,264 county-wide
Average annual temp: 71°
News & Announcments